If you were ever looking for a taco that you could eat for both breakfast AND dinner (with no shame), here it is. Potato and chorizo tacos and like a breakfast-meets-dinner fusion that works any time of day, with virtually any kind of toppings mixed in. Want ’em for breakfast? Throw in some scrambled eggs and cheddar. Dinner? Follow the recipe below to spice it up with onion, cilantro, and salsa verde!
- 3 medium-sized potatoes
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound ground pork chorizo
- Half of a white onion
- Fresh cilantro
- Salsa verde
- Corn tortillas
- Drizzle some olive oil in a large frying pan and heat over medium-low. Dice the potatoes up and throw in the pan. Add a bit of salt and pepper and sauté until cooked through. It helps to cover the pan if possible.
- Once the potatoes are mostly done, add the chorizo to the pan. Break it up into small bits as it cooks.
- While waiting for the chorizo to finish, chop your onion and cilantro. Near completion, begin to heat a smaller frying pan over medium-low and cook your tortillas.
- Assemble! Scoop the chorizo and potatoes onto each shell and top with onion, cilantro, and a drizzle of salsa verde. Enjoy!